Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Lovely Afternoon Bridal Shower


When my mom was in town a few weeks ago, we had a lovely afternoon bridal shower for my little sister Faith.  The idea was based around a British tea (as she is going to London for her honeymoon) so it was lots of finger "sandwiches" and treats that would go with hot tea.  Bridal showers are so wonderful as the bride because you are surrounded by your favorite people.  Watching my sister get spoiled with friendship, hugs and gifts was wonderful.  




 What a fun right of passage!  This is the 10th wedding I have been in (I know it is crazy), and every shower feels so fun and loving and personal.  The ladies that helped me throw this shower were really incredible and really love my sister, and I feel like it showed so well.  They each had really sweet, personal touches that made it overall relaxing and enjoyable and made it feel so very genuine.  I loved the "real" plates, homemade food and drinks, sparkly touches and overall feel of this afternoon tea.



 A wedding is such a fantastic thing to celebrate.  I am really looking forward to my sister marrying the man of her prayers and I just love that as women we get to celebrate in such unique and creative ways :)

No comments:

Post a Comment