I am COMPLETELY ripping off this blog today: Yummy Mummy Kitchen - even the picture above came from there. I took a picture of this soup when we made it, but it just didn't do it justice. However, it was just too delicious to not share it anyway and give someone else complete and total credit!
So here is the recipe, taken straight from Yummy Mummy Kitchen, that I found through Pinterest! Oh man, did it put me in a cozy fall mood :)
Curried Pumpkin Lentil Soup
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 small apple, chopped
48 ounces vegetable broth
2 (15 ounce) cans pure pumpkin
2 teaspoons mild curry powder (can add more to taste)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups dried red lentils (green lentils are okay too if that's what you have on hand!)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 tablespoon honey (or agave or maple syrup)
Fresh cilantro or sliced green onions for garnish
1 tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seeds) for garnish
Plain Greek yogurt such as Chobani, for garnish (optional and will not be vegan)
1) Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute until beginning to soften, about 7 minutes. Add the apple, and continue to saute until both the apple and onion are tender.
2) Add vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
3) Whisk in pumpkin, curry, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in lentils, coconut milk, and honey.
4) Simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes until thickened. Adjust spices to taste.
5) Serve in bowls and garnish with a dollop of yogurt and/or pepitas and fresh herbs.
I hope this brings one just one reader a little fall joy :) I thoroughly enjoyed this soup and it was pretty quick and easy to make. Feel free to send me your favorite fall recipes. Have a lovely weekend friends.
P.S. Next week a little of my brother's wedding and anniversary trip love coming your way so check back for that action!