Friday, July 12, 2013

Food I Ate Friday - A Week of Deliciousness


You know those weeks where you feel guilty and happy in every moment because you have indulged in so much deliciousness you feel like it can't possibly be allowed?

I had one of those weeks last week.  

Pictured above are the lemongrass and basil scented mussels that Bill and I made from mussels we picked up at our local farmers market.  The most fragrant ingredients imaginable (ginger, lemongrass, basil, shallots, etc...) were all thrown in a pot and worked together to create this wonderful union.  Sigh.  Along side we had a loaf of crusty bread and the head of roasted garlic pictured below the mussels, which was so soft it spread like butter.  Heavenly doesn't even begin to describe.  

On the left is the bruschetta I made for the 4th of July.  I got the recipe from my boss and I am sharing it below.  It was so easy and so delightful, and definitely will be made again!  I love fresh ingredients melded together to create something that feels so organic and light.

These are just two of tons of amazing, fresh meals (and two I had to snap a picture of!).  I feel spoiled, and maybe a little heavier :)  But sometimes I think it is such a good thing to roll up your sleeves and enjoy what we are eating.  God gave us so many amazing flavors, and I think he revels when we discover more and more of his creation!  Experimenting with cooking is something that brings me great joy, and I know it brings him joy to see me explore this world.

Enjoy your weekend friends!  Eat well.


Bruschetta Recipe

2 cups of little tomatoes, cut in half or quarters (you can add heirlooms as well)
1/2 red onion diced
3 tablespoons of fresh, chopped basil
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper to Taste (I always throw in extra black pepper)

Stir to combine.  Enjoy with Crostini or Crackers.

I would recommend doubling the recipe... this little batch is never enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment