Monday, May 6, 2013

A Penny For Your Thoughts - Rain and Musings

As the rain falls outside my loft apartment in the heart of a town I have come to love, I cannot help but be giddy with excitement.  This life is what I wanted and prayed for.

I have been reading a lot about issues being caused by people facebooking, instagraming, and blogging abut their perfect lives, when their reality is not perfect.  However, I am here to tell you I am taking a grip on my reality and I have found some perfect elements.  Sure, I miss my family that lives 3000 miles away and I wish I had the finances to travel to Italy at a moment's notice, but I think I can count my blessings and not be depressing about the things in my life that I wish I could change.  

I don't need to make you a list of all the great things in my life, because we all have our own lists.  I just want to encourage you to focus on the beautiful world.  Sure, we each have crappy days and think... she is annoying... but if we are honest with ourselves and each other we all have guilty pleasures that no one can take away from us.  The smell in the air when it snows is one of mine.  I also LOVE little tiny wild purple flowers.  Oh, and don't even get me started on barefeet and sweatpants...

I have so much in my heart to share, and I can't wait to do so, but I have also found that putting pressure on myself to type it out is not ALWAYS my best form of processing.  So, for now, I will sit and listen to the rain and continue to process this internal dialogue of thankfulness and awareness.  I will never have a perfect job or perfect friends or perfect family, but I have a perfect savior and he created some amazing things and I can cling to the beauty that surrounds me no matter where I am.  Simplicity is all I strive for today.

Tonight's smiles will most likely be caused by a warm cup of tea, a smiling husband, and the sweet potato fries baking in the oven.  Enjoy your moments, and do not get hung up on what you cannot change.  It will set you free :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment