Friday, March 23, 2012

Food I Ate Friday - Cooking Pho


I have told you about my love for Vietnamese Pho multiple times, but Bill and I took it to a new level when we attempted to make it from home.  Let me tell you, it turned out awesome!

Now, I know if you are a traditionalist, when you see the “Spice Paste” packet, you roll your eyes and say I have no idea what I am doing.  However, I tend to disagree.  I didn’t say it was as good as traditional Pho cooked for hours from scratch, I just said it was great.  My favorite part about Pho is the fresh ingredients and how they taste in the hot soup.  The spicy flavors and the crunch of the fresh ingredients mixed with the soft noodles and meat.  Ugh, it’s just so good!

 Following the directions was easy, and we have noted a few things we would change the next time around, but I just want to encourage you on this “Food I Ate Friday” to try new things at home.  It is so easy to get sucked into routine, pick up food on your way home, or eat something unhealthy because it is “easy”.  This didn’t even take us long, and it was so fun to try something we had eaten out a million times.  PLUS it cost about half as much! 

Take a chance this week, and then come back and let me know what you tried!  I would really love to hear more feedback on what you guys are cooking J  I am hoping to post recipes in the coming weeks for this Series, and I’d like to keep them simple for all those that do not have a lot of time on their hands.  I have also been really into experimenting with baking so you might see a few of those pop up! 

Have a wonderful weekend friends.  You are all so dear to me and I appreciate every time you read my heart.


1 comment:

  1. Cooking food you actually like to eat has got to be good for your soul!

    ReplyDelete