Friday, February 24, 2012

Food I Ate Fridays - Cake Tasting


Bill and I were walking and talking a little while back, and he mentioned to me that he was sad that we did not get to do all the fun tastings that couples get to do before weddings because we are getting married on the other side of the country.  Well, I could not handle my boy being sad, so I took the liberty to make a cake tasting appointment… just for the fun of it!

When we showed up, they brought us three cupcakes (Chocolate with Chocolate Frosting, Vanilla with Strawberry Frosting, and Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting) and then showed us a list of icings we could pick from to taste with the cake flavors in front of us (We chose Coconut, Mocha, and Lemon).  We tried every combination at least twice, and made a huge mess in the process.  The smells in the bakery were insane, and the fresh baked goodies were unbelievable.  My personal favorite was the chocolate cake with the Coconut frosting… AMAZING!

Our Experience at Susie Cakes in Newport Beach was so wonderful.  They answered every question, have amazing quality product, and exceed in their customer service.  We had a wonderful time, and it made me want to quit what I am doing and work in a bakery.  Everything there was relaxed and calm, despite the busy environment.  What a perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment