Friday, December 16, 2011

Food I Ate Friday - Chocolate Trifle


At our annual open house every year on Chirstmas day at my parents house in Maryland, we always have people bring over food to share.  It is very much a family style mentality with a table full of goodies and everyone taking a little of everything :)  This is one of the many goodies that was brought 2 years ago, and I am hoping it will be there again this year! 

SUCH an easy recipe and so delicious!

I stole this pictures off google, yours may not look exactly the same! 

CHOCOLATE TRIFLE

 1/3 cup Kahlua
1 2-layer chocolate cake (from cake mix)  (you only need 1/2 for cake for the trifle)
2 pkg. instant chocolate pudding (4 cups)
1 large container Cool Whip
6 Skor candy bars, frozen and crumbled
1 cup chopped nuts

 Crumble cooled cake and sprinkle with Kahlua.  Mix nuts and candy in small bowl. 

Layer in trifle bowl:
1/3 cake mixture
1/3 chocolate pudding
1/3 Cool Whip
1/3 candy and nuts

 Repeat to build 3 levels.  Refrigerate several hours or overnight.


There are so many recipes I look forward to around the holidays! 
Leave me a comment with your favorite Christmas treats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment